Final

Vincent Chow

ENGL 21001 P

Prof. Northrop

12/20/18

I think that this class taught me to be more open minded and think about different things in different ways and possibilities. In the beginning of this class I was hesitant and reluctant to think of this class as useful or a real learning experience as I have mentioned in my previous paper, I think that I have learned more and was shown what humanities really meant. Each paper we have writing were all very open and closed topics on how we as students saw things in a certain perspective. The Thanksgiving topic was a really interesting and actually made me think about how it really is and how we as people just ignore and go along with what fits best and to make a happy ending. This class has shown me to be less judgemental of things and try and understand what is really being said instead of just ignoring it completely. Even in class when we discuss certain topics and how we see how a painting or drawing is representing or what the author is trying to say from this literature, listening and hearing all the different  outlook on things when I just had a simple and few things while other got different and more. Other students helped me think of things in a more detailed and specific way as to even a shadow could be something. This class has really taught me something that I wouldn’t even think of, having being in this class has made me want to improve myself in terms on knowledge of humanities and how we as people see and view things in life. Classes like these help students learn more about themselves and help us understand things that we never thought of before or even seen before. This class helped teach me how to view the world in a different way as well as improving my writing skills as to describing and deciphering what I’m trying to or what is trying to be said by something.